If you want to improve the way your greasy hair looks here are some easy steps you can follow.
1. Wash your hair frequently but not every day. Its recommend that you wash your greasy hair every two or three days. Everyday wash can make the grease glands produce even more oil cause they try to make up for the loss.
For daily washing its better to choose a mild shampoo that doesn’t make your hair dry. You have to find a shampoo that is guaranteed to work for a greasy hair, it can take some time to find the best one that is working for your hair.
2. Use conditioner only to nourish the ends of your hair. You don’t want to make your scalp being greasier that it is, so you have to apply the conditioner only to the ends, preventing your hair from being tangled.
3. Do not over-brush your hair as this may stimulate the oil glands to produce even more oil. Brush only when needed.
4. Do not touch your hair too often. Try to avoid touching your hair especially after eating or preparing some oily food. You may want to pin up or blow dry your hair off your forehead because hair absorbs the oil from the skin and from the make up you use.
5. Trim the split ends regularly. Regular cutting of the ends makes hair look healthier and thicker.
6. Rinse your hair with warm water. Hot water dries your hair and makes it produce oil, so use warm water and end the washing with cold water to close the hair cuticles and add some shine to your hair.
7. Find a way to fix your greasy hair quickly for the moments you have to go out and you don’t have the time for washing. You can try to use a dry shampoo or a baby powder, simply rub it into your roots but be careful not to put too much of the product cause you risk to make your hair looks even worse.
8. Be careful with styling products. If you use too much styling products you risk your hair to weight down and touch the scalp absorbing its oil and getting greasy.